Before we dive into news, insights, and updates from Speedinvest and our portfolio companies, in honor of International Women's Day celebrated earlier this month, we wanted to again thank the amazing female founders, partners, and investors who collectively make us a stronger organization.
And we're not the only ones recognizing them. Alice Pelton, founder of The Lowdown, and Yokoy co-founders, Angelica Kohlmann and Melanie Gabriel, were named by EU-Startups as some of the most influential women in startups and venture capital. Our own Marie-Helene Ametsreiter and Deepali Nangia also made the list. Congratulations to all!
The latest news from our portfolio, a deep dive report on physician tools alleviating the growing burden on doctors and improving patient care, expert advice for mastering B2B founder-led sales, job openings, and much more are below ⬇️
Have You Heard?
Our portfolio's latest funding announcements
Doctorly raises $10M to modernize medical practice systems
The Berlin-based company has developed a new operating system that combines cloud computing technology with best-in-class data security to streamline operations and enable data-driven insights for medical practices.
Additional follow-on announcements
- Sunhero raises $10M Series A to scale its residential solar energy business in Spain — one of the fastest-growing markets in Europe.
Welcome to the Family
The latest additions to our portfolio
Maqsad is making education more accessible in Pakistan
The Karachi-based company’s end-to-end learning platform provides affordable online teaching and testing for students across Pakistan, which has one of the lowest student-teacher ratios in the world.
- trawa is helping SMEs switch to sustainable energy, increase their resilience and slash costs (tech.eu) (VC Magazin, German)
- Recyda is helping companies evaluate their packaging and achieve circular economy goals (tech.eu)
Headlines & Highlights
News and updates from across our portfolio
- Inkitt is the 8th fastest-growing company in Europe––and #1 in Germany
- TourRadar featured on a16z's Marketplace 100
- Skyfri expands to the United States
- Lollipop made Sifted's list of consumer tech startups to watch
- Kittl launches the first design AI tool that allows vector editing
- Bnext launches partnership with Correos and Rêv
- planqc CEO nominated "Newcomer of the Year' at German Startup Awards
- CoachHub and Refurbed make TechTour's 'Growth 50' list
- Amodo is acquired by Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Let's Dive Deeper
Exclusive insights from our sector experts, growth hacks for founders & investors, and in-depth conversations with our partners on the Speedinvest blog
According to our exclusive new report in partnership with Dealroom, Inkef, and MTIP, VC investment in European Physician Tools companies reached $1.2 billion in 2022 as physicians and hospitals look for new ways to cope with increased work pressure.
Estelle Botboll and Daria Gherghelas share key takeaways from the report, which you can download now on our blog.
Also on the blog
- Mastering B2B Founder-Led Sales: Mitchel Bradley shares simple steps to guide you to success
- Going International With Your Marketplace? Jeroen Arts says to ask these questions first
A journalist wants to interview you about your startup. But how do you nail it? Patricia Allen, Editorial Director for EU-Startups, shares her top tips for founders.
In the news
- Just bagged Series A funding? Mathias Ockenfels shares advice on how to spend it strategically (Sifted)
- The cost of living crisis means 2023 is unlikely to be the year of the consumer. Max Wilhelm shares consumer startups still worth watching this year (Sifted)
- Many US VC firms give all investors the title ‘partner.’ Is Europe following suit? Oliver Holle shares how we approach titles for our investors (Sifted)
- We're recognized as one of the 10 most active VCs in European early-stage deals over the past five years (PitchBook)
There are more than 1,000 vacancies across our portfolio. Browse open jobs below and on our website.
- Doccla - General Manager (Germany)
- TourRadar - Talent Manager (Vienna)
- Lemonway - Product Manager (Paris)
Join the Speedinvest Team
Our team is always on the lookout for top-tier talent! Have a look at our featured roles below.
- Finance Manager - (all genders) - Vienna
- Senior Investment Controller - (all genders) - Vienna
- Office Manager - (all genders) - Vienna
- Software Developer Working Student - (all genders) - Berlin, Munich, or Vienna
See you next month!